Runbow was one of our favorite games at PAX East 2015 because it allowed us to do something that we had never done before: play a nine-player competitive multiplayer game. You can read our preview here. 13am games is planning to release the game later this year, and while they are still tuning the core gameplay and adding new modes they did have a new announcement for people looking forward to the game.
They had hinted at their booth at PAX East that they might be adding new characters to the game as the release came closer. That day has arrived and the announcement has come along with a sweet new trailer that showed the new guest characters (as well as some sweet gameplay highlights)! All of the characters being added are the stars of their own amazing indie games. (Several of them have been favorites here at EFG like Shovel Knight and Guacamelee.)
The list of indie stars joining in on all the RunBow fun is as follows:
- Juan and Tostada from Guacamelee!
- CommanderVideo and CommandGirlVideo from BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien
- Swift Thornebrooke from Sportsball
- Scram Kitty from Scram Kitty and His Buddy On Rails
- Rusty from Steamworld Dig: A Fistful of Dirt
- Shovel Knight from Shovel Knight
Runbow is looking better every day. We can’t wait to get our hands on it. Keep your eyes on Engaged Family Gaming for a review once the game is released!