Every week the EFG staff will be defining a gaming term that is either confusing or ill-defined. Please leave a comment with any terms you are confused by and we will try to include them in future editions!
Video games, especially online games, provide players with great opportunities for self-expression.
- Players can create avatars that look like them (or not).
- Players can obtain skins to give those avatars exactly the style they want.
- They can also obtain Emotes.
Emoting, at least in the context of acting, is all about expressing emotions and Emotes in games serve that very purpose. They can help express the joy of victory, the agony of defeat, the bond of friendship and much, much more.
Some emotes, like the infamous dances in Fortnite are more complex, (Look, I’m not a psychologist) but they are certainly an espression of SOMETHING, even if it is just a party.
What do you think? Sound off in the comments and let us know your thoughts!
Make sure to keep your eyes on Engaged Family Gaming for all of the latest news and reviews you need to Get Your Family Game On!
- Video Games for kids on Xbox One
- Video Games for kids on PS4
- Video Games for kids on Nintendo Switch
- Board Games for kids
Follow us onFacebook!
Like us on Twitter!
Follow us on Instagram!
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Subscribe to our Podcast!