Sega held a Sonic the Hedgehog panel at SXSW (pronounced South by South West) on Friday that was all about Sonic the Hedgehog. Sonic team lead Takashi Iizuka announced Sonic Mania Plus, a physical special edition of the 2017 hit Sonic Mania. He also teased a new project that they called “Top Secret,” but it almost assured to be a new game in the Sonic racing series.
Sonic Mania Plus
Iizuka announced Sonic Mania Plus. The biggest news is that this version of the game will feature two characters that will be familiar to anyone who played Sonic Arcade: Mighty the Armadillo and Ray the Squirrel. The game will release on PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch and will be priced at $29.99. Other details include:
- A physical release for PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch that will include a reversible cover. The reversible cover art will let you choose either a Genesis or Mega-Drive art style.
- All new “Encore Mode.” This sounds great, but we have no real idea what it means.
- A four player competitive mode
- Reversible cover art. The reversible cover art will let you choose either a Genesis or Mega-Drive art style.
- Deluxe Packaging that will include a Holographic Slip cover and a 32-page art book.
They did not reveal anything about this upcoming title but the below teaser. However, things get pretty clear when you compare it to the logo from previous Sonic Racers.
What do you think? Sound off in the comments and let us know your thoughts!
Make sure to keep your eyes on Engaged Family Gaming for all of the latest news and reviews you need to Get Your Family Game On!
Follow us on Facebook!
Like us on Twitter!
Follow us on Instagram!
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Subscribe to our Podcast!