One thing that a LOT of homebound families have been doing these last few weeks is puzzles. I’ve seen so many pictures of happy families smiling over completed jigsaw puzzles I could burst! But, I know a lot of families out there might be getting frustrated! Some of those puzzles are tough.
Puzzles are a big deal in our family. My mom would ALWAYS have a puzzle on the dining room table if she didn’t need the surface for other things. She loves to build puzzles with her kids and grandkids so I thought to myself, “Who better to consult with than the master?”
So, without further delay, here are some tips from the puzzle master herself!
- Place all pieces on the table face up
- Sort for outside edges.
- Figure out the main color themes of the puzzle
- Sort the pieces by color (this is a great job for younger puzzlers!)
- Fit all outside edges together to make a frame if you can
- Work on large swaths of color or obvious shapes
- Keep completing shapes until you feel like you have most of the obvious ones put together
- Sort those shapes by size
- Consult the picture on the box when you get stuck
- Look for clues – letters, straight edges, faces
- When you get stuck? Move on and try another area.
- Share the experience and work as a team!
- Don’t give up! All puzzles have a solution!
Did these tips make you want to grab a puzzle for yourself? Head to this Amazon link and grab one (or ten)!
What do you think? Sound off in the comments and let us know your thoughts!
Make sure to keep your eyes on Engaged Family Gaming for all of the latest news and reviews you need to Get Your Family Game On!
Follow us on Facebook!
Like us on Twitter!
Follow us on Instagram!
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Subscribe to our Podcast!