An update will be coming to Animal Crossing: New Horizons that will, FINALLY, allow the transfer of save data between Nintendo Switch Systems. The update is coming on November 19, 2020, and will include two key components: Entire Island Transfers and Resident Moves.
Entire Island Transfer
The update will all players to transfer the entire island ( along with all residents on it) to a new Nintendo Switch system. The island itself along with all progress and customizations, animal neighbors, and the island resident representative will be moved to the new Switch.
This will help families who are replacing a Nintendo Switch. But, make note that you need to have access to both the original system and the new system to do the island transfer. So make sure to do that before you get rid of the old system.
Resident Move (Single Player Transfer)
This announcement was a big surprise. The resident move feature will allow anyone, except the Island Representative, to move their resident and almost all of their progress onto a new island. This will allow all of the families who have been awkwardly sharing an Animal CrossingL New Horizons island to FINALLY play separately.
The things that will transfer to the new system are:
- The resident
- The resident’s house
- Most items the resident is holding
- Most items the resident has in storage
This is going to be a great help for families that want to move one player onto a new Nintendo Switch.
There are two important caveats:
- If there is already an island populated on the new system, then the resident you are transferring will move to that island. In that case, all of that resident’s island progress and their animal neighbors will remain on the original Nintendo Switch.
- You must have access to both the original system and the new system to use this feature.
What do you think? Sound off in the comments and let us know your thoughts!
Make sure to keep your eyes on Engaged Family Gaming for all of the latest news and reviews you need to Get Your Family Game On!
- Video Games for kids on Xbox One
- Video Games for kids on PS4
- Video Games for kids on Nintendo Switch
- Board Games for kids
Follow us onFacebook!
Like us on Twitter!
Follow us on Instagram!
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Subscribe to our Podcast!